The most party town in western New York this weekend is Lewiston, and if you’re using this weekend to kick off the holiday season, skip to the Lewiston Christmas Walk.
Lots of things are planned for this weekend including shopping, an open house with events for the kids and more in historic Lewiston Village.
Special Christmas events kick off Thursday, December 2 with the annual holiday market, but the fun continues throughout the weekend, ending with the Lewiston Electric Lights Parade on Sunday, December 5 at 5:30 p.m.
The windows are decorated and the windows are out, making Lewiston the heart of Christmas! Don’t forget to bring your letters to Santa Claus as you can send your letter during the holiday celebration this weekend and then you can take a photo at the Lewiston Wreath (a must-see every year).
You can check out the full schedule of events below.
Thursday 2 December
- ~ Businesses are open (hours vary).
- ~ Holiday market from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Brickyard Brewing Company)
- ~ Lewiston Holiday Market at the Brickyard Brewing Company
- Everyone’s favorite indoor holiday market is back at the Brickyard Brewing Company! Details can be found here! Presented by Willow Consulting.
Friday December 3
- ~ Shops are open (hours vary).
- ~ Illumination of the village tree 7:00 p.m. Academy Park Bandshell
- A tradition of Christmas tree lighting and entertainment. Performances will include live music and dance performances from the Lewiston Dance Center and the St. Peter School Choir. Treats from the Lewiston Library. For more information call 716-754-1990
Saturday 4th December
- ~ Santa’s elves are coming with SkyDive The Falls! Watch them come down and say hello to Santa! Join us as we stroll down Center Street! (weather permitting)
- ~ Father Christmas welcomes children to the Bicentennial Peace Garden from noon to 4 p.m.
- ~ The Hana Martial Arts and Yoga Center (CVS Plaza, Lewiston) will be distributing “take out and make” ornament kits from noon to 4 pm. Come take an ornament kit and take it home to make a pretty Christmas decoration to keep or give away.
- ~ Lewiston Choraleers will sing Christmas carols and other holiday music on Saturday, December 4, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in front of St. Peter’s RC Church on Center Street
- ~ Pottery at Stella Niagara (4421 Lower River Rd, Stella Niagara)
- ~ Visit “The Pottery” at Stella Niagara for the best selection of unique and handcrafted items created by Sr. Carolyn Fisher. Many items have been made especially for the upcoming holiday season. The studio will be open on Saturday 04/12/21 ONLY from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointments can be made by calling (716) 754-4311 ext. 9-651 #. Face masks compulsory.
- ~ “Tune it Up” String trio at Orange Cat Coffee Co. (703 Center Street, Lewiston). NOON. Enjoy live music with Jack, James and Liam playing holiday music.
- ~ Celebrate Wilson features Cobblestone Christmas (Young Street, Wilson, NY), food and craft vendors, shopping, wagon rides 4-8pm. Illumination of Martin Park at 7 p.m. Christmas Home Decorating Contest – enter [email protected].
- ~ All Dolled Up Beauty Bar (421, rue Center)
- ~ Visit with Disney’s Frozen princesses Elsa and Anna from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- ~ Deal Realty (451, rue Center)
- ~ Please join us for Christmas refreshments and crafts for the kids!
- ~ Howard Hanna Real Estate (505, rue Center)
- ~ Doors open from 11 am to 2 pm with hot chocolate and snack. Caricatures of Sal Anello 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Frosty the Snowman will be there too!
- ~ What is the Point Ministries (409, rue Plaine)
- ~ We will celebrate the season with an afternoon of Christmas carols with coffee and cocoa. At 2 o’clock in the afternoon, Lock City Sound will perform their annual Christmas concert with Drew Burke as director.
Saturday / Sunday December 4 and 5
- ~ Hennépin Park
- – Stop by the petting zoo on Saturday December 4 and Sunday December 5 from noon to 3 p.m.
- ~ Hunt real estate
- ~ Inspirations on canvas (447, rue Center)
- 10% discount on all in-store purchases (excludes ordered works of art and the purchase of gift sets. Raffle for one of the three Modgy lanterns and also a $ 50 gift certificate (entry with each purchase) Free hot chocolate.
- ~ Just desserts by Aimee (476, rue Center)
- Decorate your own Christmas cookie – $ 3. Come inside to purchase your individual cookie kit (kit includes bag, plate, Christmas cookie, frosting and sprinkles). Tables will be set up outside in front of our building.
- ~ Lewiston Historical Museum (469, rue Plaine)
- Doors open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ornament display (4’9 “and holds 16 ornaments) with 11 raffle ornaments. Tickets cost $ 5 each or $ 3/10. Ornaments, books or other items can also be purchased in online at www.historiclewiston.org.
- ~ Lewis’ love (478, rue Center)
- Enter to win a $ 50 gift certificate with purchase. Holiday refreshments. Free packaging of purchases.
- ~ Research and design (721, rue Center)
- In-store holiday promotions and treats.
- ~ Soul created (744, rue Center)
- Sip and shop during the Christmas Walk at Soully Created.
- ~ Stella Niagara Renewal Center (4421 Lower River Road, Stella Niagara)
- Guided Silent Weekend Advent Retreat from Friday evening to Sunday, lunch, December 3-5. Presented by S. Marcella Kiesel, OSF and will include long periods of silence throughout the weekend with moments of reflection and contemplation as well as scheduled lectures, group sharing and Advent prayer songs and personal reflection questions to use throughout Advent through Christmas. Pre-registrations are due before Friday, November 19. Call (716)754-7376 ext. 1 or 2 to pre-register.
Sunday 5 December
- ~ Free horse-drawn carriage rides are available on Sunday December 5 from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Drop-off and pick-up is outside Northwest Bank, 500 Center Street.
- ~ Hunting real estate, ERA (716 Center Street, Lewiston)
- Hot apple cider and coloring pages with colors. 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- ~ Sanborn Farm Museum (2660 Saunders Settlement Road, Sanborn)
- Carol-Sing-Along. 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Appetizers and eggnog. Call (716) 731-5982 or (716) 957-4851 for more information.
- ~ Lewiston Christmas Lights Parade
- Sunday December 5, 2021 5:30 p.m. Rue du Center
Home Up “Home Alone” for rent on Airbnb
Spend the holidays in one of the most famous Christmas cinemas in history
The 13 Best Places You Can Find Holiday Bills Material
Here are the 13 best places where you can find the perfect gift for your loved ones: Bills gear!