July 31 Spotlight Community Week and Beyond – Macomb Daily
WHS ’72 – 50th Class Reunion: Warren High and St. Anne High Classes of ’72 are hosting a combined 50th Class Reunion, September 24, 2022. Tickets for the event are available through August 31. For more information, email [email protected]
• The Sterling Heights Lions Club is hosting the Euchre Tournament on August 12 at its clubhouse, 12828 Canal Road, Sterling Heights. Doors open at 6 p.m.; play starts at 7 p.m. The cost is $15 per person and includes pizza, soft drinks, snacks and a ticket for a free drink. Cash bar, cash prizes. For more information, call 586-786-6064.
• Shelby Farmers Market 9 am-2 pm May 14-Oct. 15 at Packard Proving Grounds, 49965 Van Dyke Avenue, Shelby Township. More information at shelbyfarmersmarket.org.
Food distribution event
Hope for the Hungry Food Pantry through St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Macomb will be distributing food from 6-7 p.m. Aug. 4 or 1-2 p.m. Aug. 18 at 24125 26 Mile Road in the township of Ray. It will be a drive-in event and those receiving food are asked to show their driver’s license or national ID card. You must park in a parking space in the west parking lot and wait to be checked in. Attendees cannot pick up a family other than their own, unless arrangements have been made in advance. For more information, visit www.hopeforthehungrypantry.org.
Historical Museum Events
• The Washington Historical Museum, 58230 Van Dyke, Washington Township, is open from 1 to 4 pm on the second and fourth Sundays of the month, August 14 and 28. The Greater Washington Area Historical Society is always looking for new members and volunteers to help organize tours, exhibits, projects, and events. For more information, call 586-786-5304 or visit washhistsoc.org or the Greater Washington Area Historical Society Facebook page.
Octagon House Event
• Self-guided tours of the Octagon House are available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on August 7. Guides are available on site to offer information about the historic house. A treasure hunt is offered to children to encourage them to discover the house. Admission is $5. Fairy Garden crafts available for an additional $3, including supplies. Any age appropriate. No reservation required.
• Self-guided tours of the Octagon House are available from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on August 10. Guides are available on site to offer information about the historic house. A treasure hunt is offered to children to encourage them to discover the house. Admission is $5. No reservation required.
The Octagon House is located at 57500 Van Dyke, Washington Township. For more information, call 586-781-0084 or visit octagonhouse.org.
Widow Friends Events
• Dancing every Tuesday at the Polish Century Club, 33204 Maple Lane, Sterling Heights. Doors open at 6 p.m.; music from 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Cost is $8 per person with a cash bar. A table will be reserved for Widowed Friends. Contact Victoria at 586-566-7936.
• Widowed Friends on the Golf Course at 8.30am Thursdays at Richmond Forest Golf Course, 33300 32 Mile Road, Lenox Township, starting May 5. You don’t need to be a golfer to participate, you just need to want to play. Departure time 9am and then meet for lunch at Ken’s Country Restaurant, 69232 North Main Street, Richmond. For more information, contact Chuck at 586-201-6607.
Nonprofits and civic organizations that would like their events added to Community Spotlight should email event information to [email protected]
—Macomb Daily Staff