13 Things About UFC’s No. 1 Uzbek Fighter – CONAN Daily
Makhmoud “Mach” Muradov is a biracial, multilingual mixed martial artist with dual nationality. He has a brother.
Born in Dushanbe, Tajikistan to a Tajik father and an Uzbek mother, Muradov is fluent in Uzbek, Russian, Czech, Polish and English. Here are 13 more things about the Tajik-Uzbek-Czech professional MMA fighter:
- In 1993 he and his family moved to Uzbekistan. They fled Tajikistan because of a civil war.
- In 2002, he began his training in boxing. He eventually switched to kickboxing and became the junior kickboxing champion under K1 rules in Uzbekistan.
- In 2005, he and his brother started working as construction workers after their father became disabled following a car accident.
- In 2008 he started his combat sambo career. In the same year, he and his brother left Uzbekistan for Russia. Working as a security guard at a casino, he lived in Tomsk, Siberia with his brother and other acquaintances.
- In 2011 he moved to the Czech Republic. Returning from Russia to Uzbekistan, he accepted an offer to go to Prague, Czech Republic of a friend with whom he worked on a construction site in Russia. He worked as a waiter and cleaner and had several other jobs in Prague, where he also began training in Muay Thai and mixed martial arts under the tutelage of Petr Knize.
- On April 29, 2012, he made his professional MMA fight at “K1EL Round 3” at the Infiniti Arena Kosice in Slovakia. He knocked out patrick jevicky from Slovakia.
- On March 19, 2015, he knocked out Andreas “Zega” Birgels from Germany to “Caveam Bitva Roku 2015at the Arena Sparta Podvinny Mlyn in Prague. When he fought at World Association of Kickboxing Organizations (WAKO) K1 European Cup 2015 tournament in September 2015, he lost via unanimous decision to Bartosz Dołbien of Poland in the first match.
- From 2016 to 2019, he won eight of nine fights in X Fight Nights.
- In March 2017, he attended an event at Lavka Club in Prague. He was invited by the Czech bobsledder Milos Vesely. In this case, he met Floyd “Pretty Boy” Mayweather Jr.
- In 2018 he officially became a citizen of the Czech Republic. In February 2018, he became the first MMA fighter signed by Mayweather’s The silver team. In December 2018, he started dating Monika Bagarova, a Czech singer of Roma origin.
- He was 29 when he made his Ultimate Fighting Championship debuted in 2019, making him the first Uzbek MMA fighter to compete in the UFC. In the same year, he officially became a citizen of Uzbekistan. On August 11, 2019, Mayweather took to Instagram to share a photo of them with a caption declaring him the best MMA fighter in the world. He attracted a lot of attention and even received offers from Bellator MMA and A championship, which he both refused. He won Alessio “Manzo” Di Chirico of Italy by unanimous decision to “UFC Fight Night 160” on September 28, 2019 at the Royal Arena in Copenhagen, Denmark and knocked out Trevor “Hot Sauce” Smith from the United States toUFC on ESPN 7on December 7, 2019 at Capital One Arena in Washington, DC, USA.
- Her first child with Bagárová, a girl named Rumia Muradovwas born on May 27, 2020. He was supposed to fight Kevin “Pioneer” Holland from the United States to “UFC Fight Night 181at UFC Apex in Enterprise, Las Vegas Valley, Clark County, Nevada, USA on October 31, 2020 but had to pull out of the card as he tested positive for novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- On January 23, 2021, he knocks out Andre Sanchez from the United States to “UFC 257at the Etihad Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It was submitted by Gerald Meerschaert from the United States to “UFC on ESPN 30at UFC Apex on August 28, 2021 and defeated by Caio Borralho of Brazil by unanimous decision to “UFC 280at the Etihad Arena on October 22, 2022, which lowered his professional MMA record to 25 wins and 8 losses.